2. Prune trees and summer clematis and cut back overgrown shrubs. IF it flowers before June, do not prune.
3. Sow annual flower seeds such as Impatiens (Busy Lizzie), Cosmos, Petunia undercover.
4. Replace the top inch of containers with new compost.
5. Plant Summer Flowering Bulbs.
6. Replant any tired house plants.
7. Mulch beds and Borders with old compost to help prevent weeds and help the soil retain moisture.
8. Plant primulas or ready grown spring bulbs on days that are not frosty to add some much needed colour.
9. Potted bulbs can be brought inside to encourage to flower early and once past their best, transferred into the ground ready for next year.
10. Propagate new plants from cuttings such as Buddleia, Spirea and Honeysuckle.