1. Plant out all summer bedding.
2. Plant up all containers.
3. Plant up hanging baskets.
4. Lift and divide spring flowering perennials such as primroses and aubrietia.
5. Stake tall flowers and climbers to prevent wind damage.
6. Apply fertiliser to roses to encourage growth.
7. Remove dead foliage and flowers.
8. Summer solstice, 21 June. One of the best natural experiences if you can get up in time
9. Trim Box hedge, traditionally no later than the end of June to ensure regrowth and a smart winter look. No hard pruning after this month.
10. Sit back and enjoy your hard work!